No one understands the devastating damage that frozen pipes create more than C.E. Kiff. We winterize homes in the Delhi, NY area with antifreeze so that the plumbing and heating system is protected should you decide to vacate for the winter months. Unfortunately, every year we are called to repair frozen pipes that are a result of either an improperly winterized home or because someone that thought they could leave their home unattended for the weekend.
C.E. Kiff only uses domestic, non-toxic antifreeze for your safety and protection.
Common appliances and fixtures that we use antifreeze in:
Clothes Washing Machines
Domestic Plumbing System
Sanitary Plumbing System
Boiler Heating System
What is involved when we winterize?
The water supply source must be turned off and drained – a drain/pump hookup may need to be installed to drain the home’s plumbing.
A pump is attached and non-toxic, domestic antifreeze is pumped through the piping, faucets, and appliances.
Traps and drains are purged with antifreeze.
The house is then winterized and should not be opened until the spring or summer when there is no chance of freezing temperatures.
Attention Seasonal/Second Homeowners
As an added protection, C.E. Kiff can install Sensaphone to you home in the Delhi, NY area to monitor your home’s condition. It can monitor and alert you of low temperature, high temperature, power failure, low battery (a backup power source), and loud noise level. Sensaphone also is the best bang for your buck, being more extensive and less expensive than other systems.
A water sensor can be added and placed near washing machines, basements, or other areas that may flood and cause damage if unnoticed for extended periods.
In addition to monitoring the various sensors, the Sensaphone can be remotely accessed by simply calling the phone number where it is physically installed. Many of our customers will call and check on their home’s temperature if they hear that the weather is bitter cold in Upstate NY. The Sensaphone does more than just sense, it can also be installed so you can turn your thermostat up or down by calling in. Some customers will call their Sensaphone on the way to their home and turn up the heat so the house is nice and warm when they arrive. Simple, reliable, affordable protection and convenience without any ongoing fees attached. Only at C.E. Kiff will you find the Sensaphone monitoring service.
How it works
If your home falls to or below a predetermined temperature, the Sensaphone begins calling the programmed telephone numbers. Because you are a C.E. Kiff customer, we will program our number so that we will be notified of a loss of heat condition. We do not charge a monitoring fee for this service, but you may be billed if we respond to a low-temperature condition. Should you ever move to a new home, the Sensaphone is simply unplugged from the telephone line and electrical outlet and is ready to be installed in your new home.
Terms and Conditions
1. Under this agreement, C.E. Kiff Inc. will deliver the quantities of fuel at a price per gallon as agreed upon in the Fuel Price Plan within sign up dates and plan expiration date. Deliveries will be made only to that address, for that fuel type, and to that customer.
2. Customer agrees to automatic fuel delivery beginning at time of sign up. If fuel is delivered in excess of the Fuel Price Plan gallons, the additional gallons will be priced at the current retail price that day of delivery. Automatic delivery will continue after plan gallons are delivered until written delivery suspension notice from the customer is given to C.E. Kiff, Inc.
3. C.E. Kiff Inc. will be the customer’s exclusive fuel supplier during this plan. If at any time during the Fuel Price Plan C.E. Kiff Inc. is no longer the customer’s exclusive fuel supplier or the customer suspends automatic fuel delivery the Fuel Price Plan will be null and void and all Fuel Price Plan monies will be forfeited at that time and not available for refund or future use. Customer will be subject to an early termination fee based upon the contract amount.
4. If a credit balance exists after plan expiration date the credit balance will carry forward and remain as a dollar credit on the account. No refunds will be issued, credit balances may be for future purchases of fuels or services. CAP Price Prepay and CAP Price Budget Fuel Plan gallons will have an additional per gallon fee, non-refundable, due at signing. *Budget CAP price fee payments will be included in the monthly budget payment.
5. Payment for Fuel Price Plan must be made at the time of sign up in order to secure the quoted rates. *Budget Plans – First payment due at time of sign up. Monthly payments thereafter are due on or before the 15th of each month. If budget payment is not received by date due or monthly payments are not kept current, C.E. Kiff, Inc. reserves the right to terminate the customer’s Fuel Price Plan, suspend automatic fuel delivery, and any future fuel delivered will be billed at the current retail price. No refunds will be given.
6. If payment is not accompanied by a signed Fuel Price Plan, payment will serve as written consent to enroll customer in the apparent Fuel Price Plan that may have been verbally discussed between C.E. Kiff Inc. and customer.
7. C.E. Kiff Inc. reserves the right to cancel or adjust the price per gallon of any program to coincide with the date on which the payment/Fuel Price Plan is received if the quoted price is no longer available.
8. If a customer requests a delivery prior to the automatic delivery date scheduled by C.E. Kiff Inc., customer will be subject to certain delivery surcharges: $125.00 delivery charge if after normal business hours, $75.00 off-route delivery charge if during normal business hours, $25 delivery charge if delivery is less than 150 gallons (minimum delivery quantity). All surcharges are taxable.
9. ast due Balances must be paid in full prior to beginning a Fuel Price Plan.
10. Customer will hold C.E. Kiff Inc. harmless in the event property is damaged while making a delivery. In no way will C.E. Kiff Inc. be held responsible for damages directly or indirectly related to a fuel delivery being made, including but not limited to driveway / sidewalk damage, siding discoloration, landscaping. Customer understands that fuel storage tank and related piping and fittings are customer’s property and they are fully responsible for proper maintenance and / or replacement. Customer agrees C.E. Kiff Inc. will be held harmless in the event a fuel storage tank and or related piping and fittings fail and a fuel release occurs whether directly or indirectly as a result of a fuel delivery.
11. Customer understands that it is their responsibility to have driveway maintained so deliveries can occur at any given time. Tanks and related piping will be accessible for delivery at all times. C.E. Kiff Inc. reserves the right to deny delivery for any reason deemed unreasonable, unsafe or in violation to regulations relating to fuel delivery. Customer agrees to hold C.E. Kiff Inc. harmless in the event a delivery is not made due to such stated conditions or any reason deemed unsafe or an environmental hazard. C.E. Kiff Inc. will not be held responsible for any freeze up loss for any reason. C.E. Kiff Inc. reserves the right to cancel Fuel Price Plan with or without a refund in the event such conditions make it unsafe or impossible to deliver fuel.
12. This plan may be canceled by C.E. Kiff Inc. if C.E. Kiff Inc. is unable to perform this program due to events beyond its control including but not limited to acts of God, unusually severe weather conditions, war, acts of terrorism, riots, labor unrest or the failure of its suppliers to provide fuel at the program prices and or quantities. If this plan is canceled by C.E. Kiff Inc. due to events beyond its control, any credit balance may be refunded to customer and Fuel Price Plan will be cancelled.
13. Standard C.E. Kiff Inc. customer account terms, conditions, and policies also apply. 8.1.15